Sunday, January 18, 2015

Video of the Week #100

There is very little video of B. B. King prior to his 1969 crossover hit, "The Thrill is Gone." This clip is far better than any others I've seen. It's a 30-min appearance on Jazz Casual from May 1968. He is backed by a small group of his band members:  Mose Thomas, trumpet; Lee Gatling, tenor sax; James Toney, piano; and Sonny Freeman, drums.  The songs are:

  1. Whole Lotta Love
  2. I've Got a Mind to Give Up Livin'
  3. (I Think I'll Move to) The Jungle
  4. Darling, You Know I Love You
  5. That's Wrong, Little Mama
This is followed by an interview with host Ralph J. Gleason. He finishes with a slow blues instrumental which is probably untitled.



You may also enjoy:

The Soundies #13 (Louis Jordan)

Video of the Week #29 (Lonnie Johnson)

The Soul of a Man: Bobby "Blue" Bland (1930-2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment