Saturday, July 5, 2014

Video of the Week #72

In 72 weeks, I haven't yet posted any Ray Charles videos. Here's Brother Ray, his band and the Raelets doing his complete concert at the 1960 Newport Jazz Festival (43 min).  The playlist, along with approximate start times is:
          "Li'l Darlin'"
          "I'm Gonna Go Fishin'," (7:00)
          "Let the Good Times Roll," (13:30)
          "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying," (16:10)
          "Sticks and Stones," (misidentified as "I'll Never Let You Go," 20:45)
          "My Baby," (23:46)
          "Drown in My Own Tears," (26:55)
          "What'd I Say?" (34:19)
          "I Believe to My Soul" (39:36)

You may spot band members Marcus Belgrave on trumpet, David "Fathead" Newman on tenor sax, and Hank Crawford on alto sax. The lead singer of the Raelets is Margie Hendrix.


You may also enjoy:

The Soundies #13 (Louis Jordan)

Brother Ray

Video of the Week #59 (Otis Redding)

No comments:

Post a Comment